Tuesday, April 13, 2010

The Ogre

I kind of like the novel starts as a diary, it gives it a “personal feel” I think. I'm a fan of first person narratives, especially when it comes to historical accounts like Nazi Germany (who wants to read a test book with a whole bunch of dates after all). It makes the story much more believable to me. Not that I can actually relate to it, but it does give the reader this sense of “being a start of the story” because we are reading it in the eyes of the author. The author is the writer and we are the diary, so we live the story as it is written.The fact that he calls these writings sinister is kind of cool too, it gives you the sense of “evil” or “bad” that is going to come out of it. His writings may not be “sinister”, but the word certainly reflects the time period. (I mean really, how much more evil to you get than Nazi Germany)

No comments:

Post a Comment